TAVIS K. ANDERSON
I am a Research Biologist in the Virus and Prion Research Unit at the National Animal Disease Center. I received training in evolutionary biology and virology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I earned my doctorate in ecology and evolution at Rutgers University, and my honours and undergraduate degrees at The University of Queensland.
A few more details can be found at my ORCID ID.
Dr. David Hufnagel – Ph.D. (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Iowa State University). David joined the flu-crew as a postdoctoral associate in 2020. A link to David’s CV for a little more detail on his background is linked here (PDF: DavidEHufnagelsCV).
Dr. Alexey Markin – Ph.D. (Computer Science, Iowa State University). Alexey joined the flu-crew in 2020, and his personal webpage has a little more detail on his background (personal webpage).
Dr. Garrett Janzen – Ph.D. (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Iowa State University). Garrett joined the flu-crew in 2022 as part of the Penn-CEIRR project. Some of Garrett’s research is linked here.
Megan Neveau – DVM/Ph.D. candidate. Megan started in the flu-crew in 2020 as an NSF GRFP fellow in the BCB program, and subsequently enrolled in the College of Veterinary Medicine DVM program.
Blake Inderski – Research Technician. Blake joined our team in 2017 and has been leading the United States Swine Pathogen Database initiative, and a number of our general computational projects found on our github page https://github.com/flu-crew
FLUCREW (COMPUTATIONAL) AND GSU ALUMNI (and where they are now)
- Dr. Zeb Arendsee – Ph.D. (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Iowa State University). (personal webpage). Zeb is a staff scientist at Regeneron.
- Dr. Jennifer Chang – Ph.D. (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Iowa State University). Jennifer is a bioinformatician at the Fred Hutch.
- Dr. Rasna Walia – Ph.D. (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Iowa State University). Rasna is a Data Scientist (Systems Biology) at Corteva Agriscience.
- Kelly Hewitt – ORISE Research Assistant (2016-2018). DVM student at Iowa State University.
- James Alfieri – M.Sc. (2016). Ph.D. student at Texas A&M University.
- Emily Dodd – B.Sc. (2016). M.Sc. student at University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Sarah Dunn – B.Sc. (Honors) (2015). Veterinary technician.
- Maria St. Jean – B.A. (2015). Industry position in biomedical sciences.
- Jackson Tomlinson – B.Sc. (2015). M.Sc. student at Georgia Southern University.